Thursday, November 4, 2010

Hoop Dreams

I haven't seen the entire film, but hoop dreams to me seems like it is supposed to be a portrayal of how two african american boys are trying to become NBA atheltes and their battle to reach that dream. I didn't think Hoop Dreams was anything special, but it was interesting to watch. As said in class, I did compare it alot to the Lebron documentary alot and was expecting it to be more like that. I was disappointed with the ending in the fact that they did not reach the NBA and it seemed that they had failed in reaching the general stereotype that they had to become star athetles to become successful. I agree with hooks in how she said the film addresses the stereotypes but does not explore them more, like why the one boy and his father had a poor relationship. I think Hoop Dreams does its job in showing the hardships of the boys and their goals, but other than that I was not that impressed with what I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment